- Western men are used to ladies competing them at work, you may easily find a Western lady being in army, working as carpenter or plumber. Here in Ukraine you won't see that. Ladies here are willing to see their men to be the leaders and men do "man's" work in Ukraine. Women are feminine in Ukraine and try to stay real women. Maybe too conservative that's the reason foreigners look for Russian/Ukrainian brides.
- Very prominent are clothes differences. Ukrainian men prefer dark colours usually, pointy black shoes are very popular. Women wearing high heels and fancy dresses even going for work and that's normal here.
- Hospitality is very common among Ukrainians. They treat guests very nice and like being with friends a lot. They will do all the best they can to make their guest feel comfortable. You will not see it in many Western countries
- Grandparents play a much more important role raising kids than in Western countries. "Babushka" is second mother for the grandchildren in Ukraine. Usually fathers don't pay their best attention to children, don't help much if the family is separated. It is very rare to see a father raising his kids living with him in one house.
- For older generations, Ukraine woman is supposed to do house-cleaning and cooking, be the real mother for the kids. Many women don't work as they have to take care of the family and the the house. Younger generations fit the Western world a bit more.
- Ukrainians are fond of jokes, their jokes are very intelligent and both passing gas or burping are considered of bad behaviour and are shameful and impolite; it is not to be discussed with other people. In West it is supposed to be "natural thing" but not here.